You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My app doesn't work for me.

Hi, I am trying to set up the Find My app on my iPhone 7 plus so that my wife and I can locate each other. My wife's phone is an iPhone 7 and is set up ok and she can locate me on her phone but when I try to locate her on my phone I get the "can't locate" message.

We are on the same network and pretty much have our phones set up the same for locating a friend. I'm the only one listed on hers and she is the only one listed on mine.

I must be missing something, I've googled similar problems and followed the advice offered there but still can't get it to work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Feb 2, 2020 4:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 12:37 PM

Hi JmDo!

I understand that you’re unable to see your wife’s location in Find My, and I'm happy to help. She should review the instructions here to make sure she's sharing her location and that everything else is set up correctly.

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices

Cheers!

2 replies

Find My app doesn't work for me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.