You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my iphone changed?

I have used "find my iphone" previously and it worked to find my wife's lost iphone.

I know there was a recent ios update and now i cant remember how i used "find my iphone" before.

did i sign in under MY apple id? If so that doesn't work to find HER iphone

When I used it tonight and tried to sign in under her apple ID it required that an authentication code be sent to her iphone - which really doesn't help SINCE IT WAS LOST

What am i missing?

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 5:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2020 6:15 PM

If you are using a computer internet browser, log into icloud.com/find (note the "/find") and no two-factor authentication will be needed.

If you are using the Find My app on an iPhone and your wife is in a Family Sharing group with you, see the "Find a missing device" section of Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

If you are using the Find My app on an iPhone and your wife is not in a Family Sharing group with you, see the following from the same link as above:

If a friend's device is missing

You can help a friend find their device if it's missing and has Find My [device] turned on:

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Choose the Me tab.
  3. Select Help a Friend.
  4. Have your friend sign in to iCloud with the Apple ID they're signed in with on their missing device.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2020 6:15 PM in response to warszawa72

If you are using a computer internet browser, log into icloud.com/find (note the "/find") and no two-factor authentication will be needed.

If you are using the Find My app on an iPhone and your wife is in a Family Sharing group with you, see the "Find a missing device" section of Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

If you are using the Find My app on an iPhone and your wife is not in a Family Sharing group with you, see the following from the same link as above:

You can help a friend find their device if it's missing and has Find My [device] turned on:

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Choose the Me tab.
  3. Select Help a Friend.
  4. Have your friend sign in to iCloud with the Apple ID they're signed in with on their missing device.

Feb 4, 2020 6:49 PM in response to FoxFifth

1. Open the Find My app.
  2. Choose the Me tab.
  3. Select Help a Friend.

For the above scenario hoe can I help a friend if the only way to sign on to their icloud account is to accept a code sent to their device (which is lost)?

find my iphone changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.