You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help

When i move my cursor to the top left corner of the screen, I am automatically logged off. Is it a software problem or is it a feature I can turn off? My system High Sierra 10.13.6

Mac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 1:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 1:57 AM

There is a solution to the problem. I can't change the system to a higher one because I work slower. Tested. Hot horns turned off, then turned on, nothing changes. :( There was a similar problem before but no one gave the solution.

11 replies

Feb 6, 2020 1:30 AM in response to wojtek from warszawa

You keep on mentioning Hot Horns, that was a dance troupe I was involved with in my Salad Days.

I think you mean to say Hot Corners.

It is possible that you have set the top left Hot Corner to go to the Lock Screen, which automatically

logs you out.

Open System Preferences> Mission Control click on Hot Corners (bottom left)

a panel will drop down, do you see this,

If the top left Hot Corner is set for Lock Screen you can change it by clicking on the double arrows to the right of Lock Screen and selecting - (dash) the same as the other three Hot Corners is the screenshot above.

Feb 5, 2020 11:12 PM in response to wojtek from warszawa

Someone previously suggested that it was the fault of hot horns, but I tested all the settings and it does not change anything.

This does not happen at other corners with only one, upper left.

I don't want to change to a higher system because; once that they run slower is a graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce) - it is not supported by the system and works poorly. This configuration is optimal for me, but logging out annoys me. I don't see the reason, some diagnostics would be useful, but nobody does it online.

Feb 6, 2020 3:29 AM in response to wojtek from warszawa

If you change the Hot corners and you don't see the change making a difference

then it could be a corrupt preference file.

In Finder click on Go in the menubar, click on Go To Folder enter the following text,

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

press Go.

A new Finder window will open with the file highlighted, move it to the Trash.

Restart your mac. Open System Preferences> Mission Control> Hot Corners

make sure all selections are blank, just the dash. Restart your mac

and see if the mac still logs out when you move your cursor to the top

left of your screen.

Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.