You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost IPhone

I forgot my password and I didn’t know what to do. I have an IPhone 6 and it’s locked. I was hoping to get my photos using iTunes or in anyways but I didn’t plug my iPhone to my computer and it won’t recognize my phone because I didn’t trust my computer. How can I get my photos back?

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2020 7:02 AM

If you were using iCloud Photos, your photos and videos should be on iCloud (you can check it opening icloud.com on a computer and entering with your Apple ID credentials).

Shouldn't be this case, you should have a recent backup of those photos and retrieve them from that backup.

If you don't have a backup, those photos (and all your data) are lost, because you need to erase your iphone to remove the forgotten passcode, as per these instructions:--> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2020 7:02 AM in response to Uglyduckling9

If you were using iCloud Photos, your photos and videos should be on iCloud (you can check it opening icloud.com on a computer and entering with your Apple ID credentials).

Shouldn't be this case, you should have a recent backup of those photos and retrieve them from that backup.

If you don't have a backup, those photos (and all your data) are lost, because you need to erase your iphone to remove the forgotten passcode, as per these instructions:--> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Regards

Giulio

Lost IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.