You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book viewed on Preview

Hi - Would it be possible for some random kind person to check my BOOK on the SAMPLE option,

and confirm it looks ok ?

Everything I see says it is garbled - because Apple Books is not doing the 'Landscape' page breaks properly - But Support says " its fine " ..

See Book > http://books.apple.com/us/book/id1495525919

Title : ' Haiku & Prints'

I would be very grateful for some independent review & confirmation .

Thanks,

EC

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 6:47 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Feb 6, 2020 8:36 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I would agree you see ‘more’ .. and it seems to make a bit more sense .. but it is actually still wrong .

The page design has the alpha numeric reference ABOVE the words .. and the set out is wrong ..

I would also be fairly sure that as you scrolled through the pages the page breaks get progressively worse .. with bits appearing in all sorts of random places on the page - which increasingly makes no sense at all .

I am very grateful to you - most kind.

🙏E

Feb 6, 2020 7:31 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

It has been successfully accepted / reviewed / published by Apple .

The book sits in the store looking perfect .. but press the ‘sample’ and you see about seven pages of rubbish !

If I understand you - this too is what you see ? Which kinda proves my point.

I am convinced that the ‘Landscape’ page breaks are not working .. hence the presentation of rubbish in preview.

Think I should phone support and talk it through with them ?

🙏

EC

Feb 6, 2020 10:16 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I suppose the way to prove that would be for a friend to sit with me and ‘buy’ it on their Mac/ iPad .. Then I would talk to them about what they had downloaded !!

so in my opinion the answer to your question is it don’t know yet’

But how a digital book can ever hope to sell when the ‘sample’ is garbage .. that is the point .

I shall be phoning Apple Support to connect and go through this with me .

many thanks again!

🙇E

Feb 6, 2020 10:47 AM in response to EcArtNow

Does the book look ok when you export it from iBA and view it in the Books app on your own machine? The one in the store should not look different than that. If it is messed up after local export from IBA it would mean you need to do something locally to fix it.

Of course you are right that the sample is crucial, but it may be a separate problem with the way that was generated.

Book viewed on Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.