You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“A server with the specified hostname could not be found.”

I just downloaded and subscribed the app ‘ACR Automatic Call Recorder’.

However, when I enter my number in the app, it continuously keeps popping up this message, “A server with the specified hostname could not be found.”

Hence, I cannot use it, and the AppStore does not even allow me to inform the developers of this issue.

This is really irritating and wasting my time, and most importantly occurring even after I have subscribed by paying for it.

Someone, kindly help me out by providing a suitable solution.

These are what I tried prior to this request, Restarting the device, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, removing sim and reinserting it, resetting network settings, changing WIFI connections and few more.

I use an iPhone SE with the latest update, and I live in Sri Lanka.

Thank You!

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 3:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2020 6:12 AM

Phone Call Recorder - ACR is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support 

1 reply

“A server with the specified hostname could not be found.”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.