You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watchOS 6.1.2 battery life drain

Hello! Just wanted to see if anyone else was dealing with this issue, my Apple Watch series three has been struggling to make it to the end of the day as of the recent update (6.1.2)

I've tried nearly everything that I can think of, even spoke with an Apple rep about the issue and we did trouble shooting. But to no avail. Anyone else having issues with battery after updating?

thank you!!

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Feb 8, 2020 6:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2020 2:05 AM

Usually after an update the battery needs time to recalibrate itself and once this is done you should see an improvement,having said that it also depends on how much and how often you use the watch as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 9, 2020 2:05 AM in response to Zipperumpazoo

Usually after an update the battery needs time to recalibrate itself and once this is done you should see an improvement,having said that it also depends on how much and how often you use the watch as well.

Feb 11, 2020 5:45 PM in response to Zipperumpazoo

I have the same issue after updating watchOS and iOS to the latest versions. Phone and watch are noticeably warmer and will drain from 100% to 0% in about 4 hours. Did a factory reset/restore of both with no improvement.

if I unpair the watch, my phone battery will last all day.

So my watch is a desk ornament until the next update–when I’ll try again.

watchOS 6.1.2 battery life drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.