You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple news app won’t refresh

The app is up to date as is IOS. I have tried deleting and reinstalling but to no avail. It’s been over 1 month like this and the only way I’ve found to make it refresh is to turn my phone off and back on but this is becoming tiresome. I have IPhone 8.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 12:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 1:11 PM

Ironpot ~ Try this:

• Double-click the Home button to see recently used apps.

• Swipe left or right to find the News app.

• Swipe up to remove it from memory so that next time the app will be freshly loaded.

...If that doesn't help, there's this:

"If you want suspended apps to check for new content, go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn on Background App Refresh. If you quit an app from the app switcher, it might not be able to run or check for new content before you open it again." [Source: Apple]

õ¿õ¬

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 10, 2020 1:11 PM in response to Ironpot

Ironpot ~ Try this:

• Double-click the Home button to see recently used apps.

• Swipe left or right to find the News app.

• Swipe up to remove it from memory so that next time the app will be freshly loaded.

...If that doesn't help, there's this:

"If you want suspended apps to check for new content, go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn on Background App Refresh. If you quit an app from the app switcher, it might not be able to run or check for new content before you open it again." [Source: Apple]

õ¿õ¬

Apple news app won’t refresh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.