You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails not deleting

The emails on my iPad will not stay deleted. They come back after even an hour but my iPhone is fine

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 5:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 4:55 PM

bobbicorn Said:

"Emails not deleting: The emails on my iPad will not stay deleted. They come back after even an hour but my iPhone is fine"

-------

Removing the Account:

Have you removed the eMail account from your iPad and then added it back? Does this still occur?

Contacting the eMail Provider:

Contact the eMail provider, and see if they have any feedback on this. Perhaps it is a "synchronization" bug of sorts that they are trying to fix. See what they have to say on all of this.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 12, 2020 4:55 PM in response to bobbicorn

bobbicorn Said:

"Emails not deleting: The emails on my iPad will not stay deleted. They come back after even an hour but my iPhone is fine"

-------

Removing the Account:

Have you removed the eMail account from your iPad and then added it back? Does this still occur?

Contacting the eMail Provider:

Contact the eMail provider, and see if they have any feedback on this. Perhaps it is a "synchronization" bug of sorts that they are trying to fix. See what they have to say on all of this.

Feb 17, 2020 7:57 PM in response to bobbicorn

bobbicorn Said:

"Any suggestions on how to block all the emails I don’t want? Spent hours unsubscribing and blocking and they keep coming back. Like sometimes 40 a day!"

-------

View this link form Microsoft: Manage eMail Messages by Using Rules

Filter these eMails by Content:

Block out any eMail you do not want to receive. You would use filters to do so -- each filter of which would be based on content, in all referred to as a "rule."

Example of a Rule: Block every eMail from "jonnyappleseed@apple.com" that contains the word "PC"

Ask your eMail Provider About Filtering:

If you need help understanding more on filtering out eMails, contact your email provider, and see how to do so.

Emails not deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.