You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firefox, Chrome & Opera won't load web pages after Catalina installation

Yesterday I installed Catalina 10.5.3 on a MacBookPro. Following installation, only Safari will load web pages. Firefox V 73.0, Chrome 80.0.3987.100 and Opera 66.0.3515.72 don't work. After waiting 5 minutes (timed on my iPhone) for Firefox to load the Wall Street Journal, I closed the brower. I can type a site into the Chrome search bar, but Chrome won't respond. Opera loads partial webpages only.

What's the fix? I've tried starting in safe mode, but I can't see an issue.

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 6:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 7:27 AM

Problem solved, by serendipity. I started looking whether my installed apps were up to date. For no particular reason, I started with the Intego suite of apps. I updated the group to the current, Catalina compatible versions. Now all browsers working.

4 replies

Feb 12, 2020 8:18 AM in response to James Tallon

James Tallon wrote:

Problem solved, by serendipity. I started looking whether my installed apps were up to date. For no particular reason, I started with the Intego suite of apps. I updated the group to the current, Catalina compatible versions. Now all browsers working.

Good computing James Tallon !

Typically you are always better off running the most current macOS your machine will allow—especially for the built in security features. This includes staying current with all software updates—particularly browsers for security vulnerabilities.

Firefox, Chrome & Opera won't load web pages after Catalina installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.