You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remapping Keys

Is anyone using Karabiner to remap Mac keys (Keychron K4 keyboard, Mac Mini, Catalina? If so, please reply...I have a question about using the app. Thank you.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 3:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2020 4:40 PM

Thank you very much for replying. I just bought a KeyChron K4 keyboard (it’s terrific) and the layout is a bit different from the standard 104 keys.

I want to exchange two keys — the problem is with Karbiner if I change one key to the other function (num/clear to a small del key), when I then try to change the del key (original one) to the new num/clear, it actually changes the del Key I just created.

I looked at Ukulele (I actually installed it), but it look too complicated for me. Is there an easy-to-understand tutorial for it?

I’ve attached a copy of the K4 layout for you to see.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 14, 2020 4:40 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thank you very much for replying. I just bought a KeyChron K4 keyboard (it’s terrific) and the layout is a bit different from the standard 104 keys.

I want to exchange two keys — the problem is with Karbiner if I change one key to the other function (num/clear to a small del key), when I then try to change the del key (original one) to the new num/clear, it actually changes the del Key I just created.

I looked at Ukulele (I actually installed it), but it look too complicated for me. Is there an easy-to-understand tutorial for it?

I’ve attached a copy of the K4 layout for you to see.

Remapping Keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.