You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime audio calls on iPad has no buttons

Device: iPad Air 2

Whenever my daughter receives a Facetime audio call, there are no buttons to accept/reject and she is presented with an opaque screen and cannot do anything on her iPad. If she calls out and gets a connection, then she is unable to hang up the call.

Even when opening the multi-tasker, there is a tile with the opaque look to it and it cannot be swiped up to clear it from memory...the only way to do so is to hard reboot the iPad.

I have searched Google and the Apple community but haven't found a way to resolve this. Has anyone encountered this before?

Note: Facetime video works without issues.

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2020 9:13 AM

I am hoping that this will resolve your issue. Unfortunately, Apple don't seem to to offer a solution involving missing buttons:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204168

4 replies

Facetime audio calls on iPad has no buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.