You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

jerky-jerky mouse movement...

My iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, late 2015), 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 24 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 RAM with the OS: Catalina OS version 10.15.3.

I mistakenly upgraded my Kensington wired Expert Mouse to their latest software (upgraded from, I believe, TrackballWorks v1.5.0 to the 'new-and-improved' KensingtonWorks 2.1.11). I wasn't sure if the problem started with the Mac OS upgrade to 10.15.3 or the Kensington upgrade to 2.1.11. Anyway, my experimentation entailed completely removing all things Kensington, then I re-booting. What remained was the native Apple Mouse Drivers. And things worked for a while. Then the mouse pointer began displaying that jerky-jerky, stutter motion again. I re-booted yet again and all was right with the world - for a while. Then the stutter motion started up yet again. It is doing this as I write this - and I am using the default Apple Mouse driver. I have even tried switching out the Expert Mouse altogether, replacing it with the original wired Apple Mouse...no joy. The connections are this: Apple Mouse to one of the side USB ports on the Apple Keyboard. The Apple keyboard is plugged into a rear-of-the-iMac USB port. I have tried unplugging everything from the back of the iMac, then reconnecting only the keyboard and mouse to the back of the iMac...good for a while (time always varies depending on the amount of usage). If left 'un-booted', then it gets so bad that sometimes the pointer will not move at all for2-3 seconds, then 'catch up'. Is there something being slowly corrupted in my OS 10.15.3?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 18, 2020 2:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 6:45 PM

Please use your Time Machine backup to restore to a time the computer was operating properly.

Similar questions

2 replies

jerky-jerky mouse movement...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.