You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud Music Library - Genius results can't be updated right now. (18004)

Hi,

I am unable to synchronise my iCloud Music Library on any of my more traditional computer devices, instead I am presented with a Genius error. There does not appear to be a way to turn off Genius *and* have the library sync from scratch.

The error is identical across three devices (2x Catalina (2015/2018 macBook Pros), 1x Windows 10) when launching Music/iTunes.

I have attempted wiping out the local copy of the music library (including any caches in ~/Library/...`) and followed up with a restart, multiple times to no avail.

In addition to this, I have tested on multiple networks. Two machines have an egress in the UK, via BT, and the third has an egress in the Netherlands via a company VPN.

All three of my mobile devices are able to synchronise my library with no issue.

I'd appreciate if someone could validate both that the Genius service is behaving correctly for my library/account, and that my library is in good health.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 5:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 5:33 AM

My iOS devices started refusing to stay logged in about a day later. Once I logged back in, or attempted to, I would be informed that my account was locked, so after unlocking it for the tenth time, I opted to "Unlock & Change Password" via a sole device.

Changing the password appears to have solved both the device being logged out repeatedly, and all the above issues.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2020 5:33 AM in response to CrazPls

My iOS devices started refusing to stay logged in about a day later. Once I logged back in, or attempted to, I would be informed that my account was locked, so after unlocking it for the tenth time, I opted to "Unlock & Change Password" via a sole device.

Changing the password appears to have solved both the device being logged out repeatedly, and all the above issues.

Cloud Music Library - Genius results can't be updated right now. (18004)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.