You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do Contacts created from Recent Calls not show up in Contacts?

(this may be similar to https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2265798, which is old, but had a pointer to a no-longer existing post that might have resolved the issue?)

Environment:

iPhone Xs Max

IOS13.3.1

Issue:

• I get a call from someone / some company I know but who is not currently in my Contacts.
    • I click the info (i) button and Create New Contact and fill in the information.
    • I get a call from a different number for the same entity (landline v cell) and click on the info (i) button and try Add to Existing Contact, but when I search for the name I get "No Results"
    • If I just go to Contacts and Search - I also cannot find them, but I know it's in there somewhere because it shows up properly in Recents.
    • Why?

Example Images:

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 3:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 3:36 PM

Open Contacts app on your iPhone.

Tap Groups (top left)

Are they all selected?

3 replies

Why do Contacts created from Recent Calls not show up in Contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.