You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove malware from my iMac (Catalina)?

How do I remove malware from my iMac (catalina)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 4:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2020 4:37 PM

If you're referring to macOS malware, click here.

If you're referring to Windows malware, use ClamXav or the tools built into Windows.

If you're referring to a browser popup warning of malware, it's a scam unless it came in response to uploading a file, in which case, see the Windows line or just delete the file.

(178944)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2020 4:37 PM in response to robinfrombirchington

If you're referring to macOS malware, click here.

If you're referring to Windows malware, use ClamXav or the tools built into Windows.

If you're referring to a browser popup warning of malware, it's a scam unless it came in response to uploading a file, in which case, see the Windows line or just delete the file.

(178944)

Feb 21, 2020 4:38 PM in response to robinfrombirchington

robinfrombirchington Said:

Malware: How do I remove malware from my iMac (catalina)

———-

Please Clarify:

• Why do you ask?
  • What is occurring?
  • How have you troubleshot this?

If you think you have malware installed then try the following:

Use MalwareBytes for Mac: This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes uninstaller

How do I remove malware from my iMac (Catalina)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.