You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported photos not available in main photo library

My photos/Macbook Pro has been working fine with imported photos until two weeks ago.

Now when I upload photos I can see them in Imports but not in my main library which means I can't see them on my phone or iPad.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 4:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2020 5:20 AM

If you are seeing the photos in Imports, they should be in your Photos Library, but perhaps filed differently than you are expecting. Try the following to find the photos in your Photos Library:

• Select one of the new photos in "Imports"
  • Then ctrl-click or right click the photo and use the command "Show in Moments"(in Photos 4 on Mojave) or "Show in All Photos" (in Photos 5.0 on Catalina).

Does this reveal the imported photos, perhaps with a different date than you expected? In that case check the Date&Time settings of your camera. Sometimes the year is wrong.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2020 5:20 AM in response to Lishacha

If you are seeing the photos in Imports, they should be in your Photos Library, but perhaps filed differently than you are expecting. Try the following to find the photos in your Photos Library:

• Select one of the new photos in "Imports"
  • Then ctrl-click or right click the photo and use the command "Show in Moments"(in Photos 4 on Mojave) or "Show in All Photos" (in Photos 5.0 on Catalina).

Does this reveal the imported photos, perhaps with a different date than you expected? In that case check the Date&Time settings of your camera. Sometimes the year is wrong.

Imported photos not available in main photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.