You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi (won't stay) connected to Macbook Pro since updating to Catalina

Ever since I updated my Macbook Pro to Catalina, I've been having WiFi issues. All my other devices have no trouble staying connected to the WiFi network, and I distinctly noticed the change after the update for my Macbook.

What happens is that my Macbook will *try* connecting, but fail to do so and continue searching for other networks, or prompt me to re-enter the WiFi password, even though I've done so before.

I've seen a fix, where you add a new Network Location. When I try this and select my WiFi network from the dropdown menu, it stays selected for a second and then jumps back to "No network selected".

I've also started the Macbook in safe mode, and it has no trouble connecting and staying connected to the WiFi there.

I also actually had a phone call with an Apple employee to troubleshoot my predicament, and he said, because my Macbook was connecting fine to the hotspot on my iPhone, it was a network issue, but again, this only happened *after* updating to Catalina, so I'm genuinely skeptical that this is the case.

Thoughts?

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 11:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 1:21 PM

I've also started the Macbook in safe mode, and it has no trouble connecting and staying connected to the WiFi there. 

This usually means the problem is connected to something messed up in your user account or related to what is disabled in safe mode. Please see,

About Using Safe Mode

You might also try Downloading and Installing the macOS Catalina 10.15.3 Combo Update.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 26, 2020 1:21 PM in response to happycroissant

This usually means the problem is connected to something messed up in your user account or related to what is disabled in safe mode. Please see,

About Using Safe Mode

You might also try Downloading and Installing the macOS Catalina 10.15.3 Combo Update.

WiFi (won't stay) connected to Macbook Pro since updating to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.