You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t Open Photo Gallery in iMessage or Various Apps

This one might be a little bit difficult to describe, so bear with me. When in iMessage, if I am trying to post a photo on my camera roll, I CAN scroll back through “recent photos,” but if I try to click “all photos,“ the screen that would contain options like “all photos,” “recents,” and “favorites” flashes for a moment before disappearing like it crashed. The same issue occurs if I try to post a photo in various apps. I first noticed it when I tried to post in the Reddit app. When I click on “library” in that app, the same thing occurs: a brief flash of the screen followed by it disappearing. FWIW, iPhone 8, iOS 13.3.1

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 9:45 AM

1 reply

Feb 29, 2020 2:07 PM in response to Ikethe4

Hi Ikethe4.

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with posting photos inside your Messages app and other third party apps. It sounds like Photos shuts down on you when you try and post from within those apps.

You'll want to take a look through all of the steps here, completing any that you haven't already tried: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

If you're still having issues, then you'll want to try reinstalling iOS on your iPhone. This should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps in the section titled "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" from the following article. On step 4, be sure to choose 'Update': If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Let me know how it goes.

Have a fantastic day!

Can’t Open Photo Gallery in iMessage or Various Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.