You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfering of selected data from backup file

before restoring from old phone i had few photos in new phone ( which i have backed up using itunes). after restoring i am not able to see new phone photos. could you please let me know how can i get back photos from new phone backup file.?

thanks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 3:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 29, 2020 3:49 AM

If the photos are in the backup in iTunes, the only way to get them back is to restore that iTunes backup onto the phone. However, that will overwrite the current contents of the phone and you will lose the phots that are already on the phone.

The only way to get all of your photos onto the phone would be to transfer the current photos on the phone to your computer, restore the backup in iTunes that has the other photos and then sync the photos that you transferred to your computer back onto the phone.

Bear in mind once again, that you will overwrite the contents on your phone if you restore the backup. You cannot selectively restore content from a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 29, 2020 3:49 AM in response to aliwaraich

If the photos are in the backup in iTunes, the only way to get them back is to restore that iTunes backup onto the phone. However, that will overwrite the current contents of the phone and you will lose the phots that are already on the phone.

The only way to get all of your photos onto the phone would be to transfer the current photos on the phone to your computer, restore the backup in iTunes that has the other photos and then sync the photos that you transferred to your computer back onto the phone.

Bear in mind once again, that you will overwrite the contents on your phone if you restore the backup. You cannot selectively restore content from a backup.

transfering of selected data from backup file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.