You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 2010 High Sierra

I am having real difficulty installing Windows 7 through Bootcamp assistant 6.1.0

I have a Windows 7 OEM installation DVD. I have downloaded the latest support software (the first box selected) in the assistant. However, when I run Bootcamp assistant to "Install Windows 7 or Windows 8" (the second box selected) it says "The Installer disc could not be found" - inserting the disc before or after this makes no difference the disc keeps trying to load and Bootcamp assistant never moves on to the next step to create a partition.

Any help much appreciated.

iMac (27-inch, mid-2010) macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 9:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 11:22 AM

OEM Installer discs are not supported. If you have a Retail Product key, you can download the ISO and burn it to DVD-R SL blank disc and use it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/home/

Similar questions

1 reply

iMac 2010 High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.