You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location mixed up from iPad to iphone

Why does my location turn off on my iPhone when I turn on and use my iPad. It seems the locations are interfering with each other and I cannot seem to separate them.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 8:10 PM

4 replies

Mar 3, 2020 7:09 PM in response to Hhmnchz19

Good afternoon Hhmnchz19,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you have a question about Location Services on your iPhone and iPad. Can you provide a little more information about the specific issue you are having? What applications are having issues with location? For example, are you trying to use the Maps app on your iPhone and iPad simultaneously?

Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please reply to this thread with the additional information requested, and I'll do my best to help you with this!

Take care.

Mar 4, 2020 6:27 AM in response to Hhmnchz19

Hi Hhmnchz19,

Thanks for the additional information. Take a look at the resources below for the Find My app and double-check the settings on your iPad.

Set up and use Find My Friends

Find friends and share your location with Find My

Share your location with your family - This would only apply if you have Family Sharing set up

Share your location with your friends on iCloud.com - iCloud User Guide

Take care.

Mar 3, 2020 7:14 PM in response to cp from OH

All I know is I share my location on my iPhone with my fiancé. Then when I go into my iPad to use it, he will receive a message in our chat that I am no longer sharing my location with him. Also, he cannot see my location. This has only happened since I reset my iPad. But they have always been linked and I never had the issue before.

Location mixed up from iPad to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.