You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have pictures visible only in the album I created?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 1:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 6:30 AM

I understand it right now.

Here, the development of how it all works and why - for everyone who is looking for a solution.

Thank you all for your help.

It is a pity that it is not possible for me to separate photos from work with photos from the main folder.

8 replies

Mar 5, 2020 3:35 AM in response to MACIERRR

Albums that are created on your device or in iCloud Photos are for local organization only and do not contain copies of the actual photos themselves, but merely pointers to those photos. If you delete the photos in all photos, they will de deleted in the albums that you create as well.

Mar 5, 2020 3:24 AM in response to SravanKrA

In the main place where all the photos are.

Library -> Photos

I have this problem:

I have work-related photos and created a "JOB" folder to store them.

I would like the photos in this folder to be visible only in this folder "JOB" and not where all the photos are.

So i need them visible only in Albums->JOB and not in Library->Photos

Mar 5, 2020 6:41 AM in response to MACIERRR

That is exactly what I told you in my first response. I’m sorry you didn’t understand what I was saying, but I’m glad that you finally understand.

However, just to reiterate, this is what I said.

Albums that are created on your device or in iCloud Photos are for local organization only and do not contain copies of the actual photos themselves, but merely pointers to those photos. If you delete the photos in all photos, they will de deleted in the albums that you create as well.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.