You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac is Yosemite version, how do I update?

My MacBook Pro runs Yosemite - how do I update? it's not mentioned even n the "earlier versions listed....

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 7:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 9:43 AM

That sounds like you tried to download an update, rather than the full installer.

Try it from here:

Download OS X El Capitan

But you should be able to upgrade directly to High Sierra:

Get macOS High Sierra.

8 replies

Mar 7, 2020 9:38 AM in response to macjack

I am having the same problem. I am currently running OS X v10.10.5 Yosemite on a Macbook Pro 2014 and would like to finally upgrade to the lastest OS. i was thinking Sierra. However, after trying I found out I must first upgrade to EL Capitan. I tried to upgrade to El Capitan v.10.11.6 but got a message that I needed to be running OS X v.10.11. I thought I'd look for OS X v10.11 Yosemite assuming this was the next upgrade for Yosemite but cannot find this. Please help

My Mac is Yosemite version, how do I update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.