You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

permissions to access my files on iCloud

This has not happened before but I'm unable to access my files on iCloud, it tells me I don't have permission. I'm the only user, I did not change anything, why would I now not have permission and how can I fix this?

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 7:58 AM

1 reply

Mar 8, 2020 6:28 AM in response to Cinderel

Hello Cinderel,

I see that you're unable to access your iCloud files. I can understand your concern, and I'd be happy to looking this with you.

I am not sure which device you're using or if you're using iCloud Drive when trying to access these files, so I've provided an article below that can help.

Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices

If you're using a Mac, the next article provides the steps to take for you to check on and make changes to your settings for permissions.

Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac

If you go through these articles and the issue remains, respond back with the answers to the following questions.

1. Have you recently updated your software on your device?
  2. What is the current version of software that you're using?
  3. Which device are you using to try to access the iCloud files?
  4. Does the issue remain if you restart your device?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

permissions to access my files on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.