You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted emails reappearing!

I keep deleting emails, and they keep reappearing. This is ridiculous, have shut down and restarted, doesn't help. Also, people are saying they are unable to open attachments I'm sending, and I just now noticed that a 15 kb message I sent over 10 minutes ago is still showing as still sending at the bottom of my mail screen... anyone dealing with anything similar, ideas to resolve? I let my emails sit until I have way too many, and to spend all this time deleting 1500 emails only to have them reappear in my inbox as new, unread mail is annoying and stressful. I'm using

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.10

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 7:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 8:51 AM

Hello, first...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Next, Mail>Preferences>Accounts>that email account>Mailbox Behaviors, what path is Trash Mailbox set to?

Are you using any Mail Rules?

Next, assuming all your Mail is IMAP & not POP, highlight Inbox, from Mail's Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2020 8:51 AM in response to BohunkPunk

Hello, first...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Next, Mail>Preferences>Accounts>that email account>Mailbox Behaviors, what path is Trash Mailbox set to?

Are you using any Mail Rules?

Next, assuming all your Mail is IMAP & not POP, highlight Inbox, from Mail's Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

Deleted emails reappearing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.