You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How frequently can we get heart rate, body temperature and Step Count from apple watch from apple watch

Hi every one,

I want to know how frequently can we get heart rate, body temperature and Step Count from apple watch and what is the delay? That is, if I am wearing a apple watch and my own written app wants to get heart rate, body temperature and Step Count, how often can I get it ? And what is the delay in getting the info.

Also, do you know if my written app can put apple watch into workout mode, so we can get continuous and frequent reading?

Thanks in advance

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 6:30 AM

Firstly apple watch doesn't measure body temperature and your heart rate is measured about every 10 minutes unless you're in a workout,heart rate is monitored all the time if you're doing a workout.Step count is only updated every so often as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2020 6:30 AM in response to sunflower-

Firstly apple watch doesn't measure body temperature and your heart rate is measured about every 10 minutes unless you're in a workout,heart rate is monitored all the time if you're doing a workout.Step count is only updated every so often as well.

How frequently can we get heart rate, body temperature and Step Count from apple watch from apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.