You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble setting up Mail on my new Mac

I got the newest MacBook Pro, trying to set up my Mail, somehow it tells me "Unable to verify account name or password". But I use it on my iPhone, and I can also sign in to email on website using Safari. Someone please help me! I'm not tech savvy :(

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 1:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 8:51 PM

Here is some info on setting up Hotmail with Mail:

https://www.lifewire.com/windows-live-hotmail-os-x-1172782

As for setting up Mail, contact your ISP as suggested - most all have instructions on how to set it up on their website.

5 replies

Mar 12, 2020 3:28 AM in response to babowa

Thank you so much for your help. I turned off the two step authentication, and it worked, then I signed in to my account and turned it on again. But I didn’t use password app tho. I initially tried so many ways and couldn’t get it done. I even have talked to Apple support team twice on the phone, they didn’t tell me it was because I had the two step authentication on. Anyway, huge thanks to you!

Trouble setting up Mail on my new Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.