You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact List Display

When I tap on the Contact icon on my iPhone 11, it goes to one particular contact in my list instead of going to the full contact list by default which is what I would expect to happen.

When I delete this particular contact and then tap the Contact icon, it goes to my full contact list.

But when I add this contact back again to my list, it goes back to them by default when I tap the Contacts icon.

I don't know why it defaults to this particular contact when I have them in my contacts list.

They aren't the last contact I've sent a message to when this happens.

I've tried just putting in just the phone number with no name for this contact but that doesn't make any difference.

Thought maybe it was because they don't use an iPhone but a lot of my other contacts don't use iPhones either.

It's not that big of a deal but just wondering if anyone can explain why this happens or how to stop it from happening other than deleting the particular contact permanently.

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 4:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 3:22 PM

Restarting the phone fixed the issue.

1 reply

Contact List Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.