You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time Passcode

How can I reset the screen time passcode on my daughter’s phone? I set it up a year ago and now can’t remember the passcode to make changes....

iPhone 8 Plus, 12

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 3:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 3:50 AM

It would be much better if you could remember that passcode, because in such a situation you only have 2 options:

Cohabit with the current ScreenTime setting

or

Erase that iphone and start from scratch, loosing all data that are there (since, even if you have a backup, you can't restore data because that forgotten passcode would come back again).

See this paragraph:

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode.

Extracted from:--> Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2020 3:50 AM in response to Mom-5and3

It would be much better if you could remember that passcode, because in such a situation you only have 2 options:

Cohabit with the current ScreenTime setting

or

Erase that iphone and start from scratch, loosing all data that are there (since, even if you have a backup, you can't restore data because that forgotten passcode would come back again).

See this paragraph:

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode.

Extracted from:--> Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Screen time Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.