You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse keeps disconnecting

Can someone please tell me why my Magic Mouse keeps disconnecting?

My Magic Mouse was purchased along with Magic Keyboard and Mac mini in February 2020.

The Mac Mini is running macOS Catalina version 10.15.3.

I have connected an old Mac Trackpad and the new keyboard are working just fine.

Regards

Schof

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 11:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 11:54 PM

I am pleased someone else the problem. The question is if Apple are taking notice of this problem.

I have found a partial solution. My router gives me two wifi bands - 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I have moved my computers onto the 5GHz band and it has reduce the frequency of my mouse disconnecting. Apparently, so I understand, the 2.4GHz band is where Bluetooth operates. Too many items in this 2.4GHz band causes interference, hence mouse disconnection.

Regards

Schof

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2020 11:54 PM in response to lfaa

I am pleased someone else the problem. The question is if Apple are taking notice of this problem.

I have found a partial solution. My router gives me two wifi bands - 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I have moved my computers onto the 5GHz band and it has reduce the frequency of my mouse disconnecting. Apparently, so I understand, the 2.4GHz band is where Bluetooth operates. Too many items in this 2.4GHz band causes interference, hence mouse disconnection.

Regards

Schof

Magic Mouse keeps disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.