You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari opening by itself, even when minimized.

Recently as in the last 24 hours...

Safari has begun to open by itself. I will be in a full screen app, or finder window and then the window or finder will scroll to the safari window.

I can be in a full screen app, and then it will just open up to safari, I can even have safari minimized in the dock, or just opened in the background at the start page.

Does not matter what I am doing, even if I swipe away back to the window or app I was in a few seconds later, safari will just open up again.

The only thing that stops it from opening by itself is if I quit the safari and not have it in the dock.

I don't have any safari extensions installed and nothing in the /Library/LaunchAgents or /Library/Application Support folders.

Any one else experiencing such madness?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 12, 2020 10:00 AM

7 replies

safari opening by itself, even when minimized.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.