You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app cannot connect to iCloud account

I have an existing iCloud account for which I use a gmail address. I recently created a new @icloud.com email address.

I have several iOS devices and two Macs. All the iOS and one of the Macs can connect to the icloud.com mail account; the other can't.

Both Macs are on the same version - Mojave 10.14.6 (18G3020). On the problem Mac all the other iCloud services are working correctly; only Mail has a problem. The Mail app is configured the same on both.

Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 15, 2020 7:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2020 9:02 AM

You have few iPhones in which the Apple ID is say example1@gmail.com and two Macs that has also the same Apple ID and password used in iPhones .

A second Mac ( that is causing trouble ) in which you were previously signed as example1@gmail.com , then you opened system preferences > iCloud did you signed out completely , and didn't entered the previous Apple ID address say example1@gmail.com and then tried to create a new Apple ID say example2@icloud.com

Note : are you using secondary authentication Apple ID account in which three security answers for respective questions , date of birth , a rescue mail address and a password is added or did you sign in Mac with an Apple ID account set up with two factor authentication .

That has to be cleared the few iPhones , a Mac that is working perfectly and another Mac that is effected is synced on the same network , what is the version of iPhones , are they updated / upgraded with latest version .

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2020 9:02 AM in response to gmiddleton

You have few iPhones in which the Apple ID is say example1@gmail.com and two Macs that has also the same Apple ID and password used in iPhones .

A second Mac ( that is causing trouble ) in which you were previously signed as example1@gmail.com , then you opened system preferences > iCloud did you signed out completely , and didn't entered the previous Apple ID address say example1@gmail.com and then tried to create a new Apple ID say example2@icloud.com

Note : are you using secondary authentication Apple ID account in which three security answers for respective questions , date of birth , a rescue mail address and a password is added or did you sign in Mac with an Apple ID account set up with two factor authentication .

That has to be cleared the few iPhones , a Mac that is working perfectly and another Mac that is effected is synced on the same network , what is the version of iPhones , are they updated / upgraded with latest version .

Mail app cannot connect to iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.