You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync iPod nano with music?

I have an iPod nano (gen 7, that was a free Apple replacement for my classic nano). My iMac has updated to OS Catalina and now I can't sync my iPod with my music library to update my playlist. Searching Apple support seems to suggest I have to subscribe to Apple music or iCloud music to access my own music library from all my devices. Is this correct?

Would this explain why I also can't access our library from other iMacs in the house despite them all being logged ob to same Apple account?

Have to say I am getting fed up of Apple updates that suddenly make your perfectly good devices useless! If the above is true we will find ourselves with 3 iPods that we can no longer use!

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 9:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 12:18 PM

Hello,

No model of iPod nano supports the Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't sync iPod nano with music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.