You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to update to Mojave... not working

I've tried several times to download Mojave, but when I click download, the estimated time keeps going up. Eventually after it got into the thousands of hours, it just failed. The one time it did download, I got as far as opening it, but when I clicked "continue," the button went dark and I couldn't do anything. At this point I gave up and deleted it all. (This was about a month ago) I'm trying to download it again, but I'm having the same problem with the download time. Any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 2:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 4:40 PM

Is your system working fine other than not being able to download & install Mojave? If not, then you need to address those issues first as they are likely interfering.

To look for possible software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Also try running Disk Utility First Aid.

Make sure you are downloading Mojave from this link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?ls=1&mt=12

Try it while booted into Safe Mode.

Edit: Added link to EtreCheck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 19, 2020 4:40 PM in response to cynicalpills

Is your system working fine other than not being able to download & install Mojave? If not, then you need to address those issues first as they are likely interfering.

To look for possible software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

Also try running Disk Utility First Aid.

Make sure you are downloading Mojave from this link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?ls=1&mt=12

Try it while booted into Safe Mode.

Edit: Added link to EtreCheck.

Trying to update to Mojave... not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.