You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get iMessages to send from my iMac

I have an iMac running 10.15.3 and can't send iMessages. I can only receive them and see them after I send them from my iPhone.

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 3:04 PM

Are the ones rec'd Green Or Blue?

https://support.apple.com/guide/messages/send-text-messages-icht35827/mac

Your Mac can receive and send SMS and MMS text messages through your iPhone when you set up text message forwarding. For example, if a friend sends you a text message from a phone other than iPhone, the message appears on your Mac and iPhone in Messages.

Note: To receive and send SMS and MMS messages on your Mac, your iPhone must have iOS 8.1 or later, and your iPhone and Mac must be signed in to iMessage using the same Apple ID. Additionally, you must set up your iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 20, 2020 3:04 PM in response to sgann00

Are the ones rec'd Green Or Blue?

https://support.apple.com/guide/messages/send-text-messages-icht35827/mac

Your Mac can receive and send SMS and MMS text messages through your iPhone when you set up text message forwarding. For example, if a friend sends you a text message from a phone other than iPhone, the message appears on your Mac and iPhone in Messages.

Note: To receive and send SMS and MMS messages on your Mac, your iPhone must have iOS 8.1 or later, and your iPhone and Mac must be signed in to iMessage using the same Apple ID. Additionally, you must set up your iPhone.

I can't get iMessages to send from my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.