You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari autofill passwords not requiring Touch ID

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Safari not prompting for my fingerprint with Touch ID before autofilling saved passwords. I have the preference for Touch ID set for Safari passwords and my Safari preferences are also set to autofill passwords. The problem is when I go to a website Safari is automatically logging in without my fingerprint. My husband is running the same OS (Mojave) and has the same preferences, however he must use the Touch ID on the Touch Bar before Safari will fill in the user name and passwords. For security reasons with my work I need the password protection or anyone can access sensitive information on my computer if it happens to be logged on already. Does anyone know why my Touch ID is not being required? Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 10:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 1:44 PM

Startup in Safe Mode. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

Select your account and login.

Test.

To leave Safe Mode, click Apple logo  in the menu bar and choose “Restart”.

1 reply

Safari autofill passwords not requiring Touch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.