You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring music from iTunes to iPhone 11 - No longer working. Used to previously. Ripped cds on PC.

Hi,

I have lots of my own cd's stored on my PC which I used to be able to transfer to my iPhone 11 with iTunes in Windows but I cannot do so anymore.

It lets me select the files and when I drag the files to the phone in iTunes nothing happens anymore.

Why???

Please help.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 24, 2020 1:02 AM

10 replies

Mar 24, 2020 3:31 AM in response to blueboy669

I'm not too familiar with the iCloud service, but if there is a cloud next to the song's title in your iTunes Library, that means that iTunes is not looking at the original copy on your computer. To be honest, I personally am not sure how one resolves this, but you could try clicking on the cloud to see if that causes iTunes to regard the song as being on your computer and therefore available for copying to the iPhone.

You can also check out the following article about iCloud: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support and the iCloud community forum: https://discussions.apple.com/community/icloud

Perhaps someone else might chip in with the correct method for fixing the issue.

Mar 24, 2020 4:29 AM in response to blueboy669

blueboy669 wrote:

It’s not any of the music that was purchased from iTunes that is affected. It’s the CDs I have ripped to iTunes ...

I understand that.

I've been buying CDs since they first came onto the market and have a large number of songs from CD, now in my iTunes Library. I back up that music on my own external hard drive. I continue to buy new music and I get to keep it without continuing to pay through the nose for the privilege. Maybe that's why I haven't seen any need to use iCloud, Apple Music, Spotify etc.

I'm not trying to be superior about this, just read between the lines...

Transferring music from iTunes to iPhone 11 - No longer working. Used to previously. Ripped cds on PC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.