You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay from iPhone to iPad

I am working from home and would like to AirPlay from my iPhone to my iPad in order to see meeting presentations in Skype for Business (unfortunately I can’t join the meetings from the iPad because it is not a corporate device). I understand this was possible under iOS 12, but my iPhone can’t find the iPad when I start Screen Mirroring from the Control Center. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 3:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 4:04 PM

Not the answer I wanted - but it is good to know the truth - thanks!

The digital AV adapter is a good idea, and would certainly work better than the magnifying visor I have been using to look at the presentations on the iPhone. (Somehow I don’t think the company will spring for a VR headset!). Thanks again!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2020 4:04 PM in response to LotusPilot

Not the answer I wanted - but it is good to know the truth - thanks!

The digital AV adapter is a good idea, and would certainly work better than the magnifying visor I have been using to look at the presentations on the iPhone. (Somehow I don’t think the company will spring for a VR headset!). Thanks again!

Mar 25, 2020 3:52 PM in response to Jim-_

AirPlay from iPad to iPhone - or vice versa - isn’t possible. Screen Mirroring between these devices is similarly unsupported.

If your employer restricts access to corporate materials or communications to corporate devices, you’ll need to address this limitation directly with your employer.

If you purchase an Apple Lightning to Digital AV Adapter, and an HDMI cable, you’ll be able to connect your corporate device to your TV/monitor; AirPlay then becomes viable.

Airplay from iPhone to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.