You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple magic keyboard

I have one Apple iPad Pro 12.9" first generation with IoS 13.4 Beta 5 ... Now I wanna know if I can use Magic keyboard with my iPad....if I can not use it,I wanna know why....

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 6:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 6:49 AM

No.

It is NOT designed for older iPad Pro models due to the location of the magnetic, smart keyboard connector on older iPad Pro models is in a completely differnt location.

The 2020 Magic Keyboard has its smart keyboard connector aligned with where is it now on the 2018 and 2020 iPad Pro models, which is on the backcase/chassis of the iPad Pro and not on a side edge, like it is on older iPad Pro models.

Tap and look at the compatibility list for the new 2020 Magic Keyboard.

It is ONLY for 2018 and 2020 iPad Pros.

Sorry.

You need a 2018/2020 iPad Pro to use the new keyboard cover

It’s the way it is.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2020 6:49 AM in response to guglielmo97

No.

It is NOT designed for older iPad Pro models due to the location of the magnetic, smart keyboard connector on older iPad Pro models is in a completely differnt location.

The 2020 Magic Keyboard has its smart keyboard connector aligned with where is it now on the 2018 and 2020 iPad Pro models, which is on the backcase/chassis of the iPad Pro and not on a side edge, like it is on older iPad Pro models.

Tap and look at the compatibility list for the new 2020 Magic Keyboard.

It is ONLY for 2018 and 2020 iPad Pros.

Sorry.

You need a 2018/2020 iPad Pro to use the new keyboard cover

It’s the way it is.

Apple magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.