You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera

Why does my MacBook say no camera available when I go to FaceTime?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 12:50 PM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2020 3:23 PM in response to kailey52

Hello kailey52,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the camera on your MacBook isn't working with FaceTime. You've come to the right place! I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, restart your Mac. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

How to turn your Mac on or off

Also, make sure that your Mac has the latest software version.

How to update the software on your Mac

If the issue persists, test in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include additional error messages and any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.