You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dual screens and need each to show something different

I am working remotely from home right now using my MacBook Air. I log into the Microsoft Remote Desktop since my computer at work is a PC. I just hooked up a monitor to my laptop so I could have dual screens, hoping I could have a set up like I have at work. I can't figure out how while I'm in my remote PC to have different windows open on both screens. It lets me have the screen from my remote computer open on one screen but I can't have it on the other at all although I can open anything from the Mac toolbar that is a Mac app on the laptop.

I know this is super confusing but I hope someone can help. My job requires a lot of going back and forth between open applications and this would help so much to have my similar set up during this shelter in place for COVID.

Thank you so much in advance!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 4:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 5:16 PM

In Microsoft Remote Desktop, click on the icon for the computer you remote in to. Click the Settings cog above it, then Edit.

On the Display tab, check Use All Monitors.

Not sure that'll do the trick but worth a try.

~Lyssa

Similar questions

3 replies

dual screens and need each to show something different

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.