You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brightness Resets to Dim Every time I Close My MacBook Pro

I like to keep my screen on 100% brightness. But every time I close my screen, or I am logged out due to inactivity, the screen goes back to 75% brightness and I have to readjust this. It can be annoying because I will go to adjust the brightness and then my touchbar isn't working so I have to close the screen again and then the touchbar will work. Any ideas how to keep the brightness at 100% even when I get logged out? (Autobrightness is off so this isn't the problem).

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 5:50 PM

5 replies

Apr 9, 2020 3:58 PM in response to Jwow8623

Since it's new, you should contact Apple who will most likely be able talk you through fixing what's wrong over the phone.

Start with https://getsupport.apple.com, click Mac or See your products.

They will have you start with resetting NVRAM so just humor them and do it again.

Update macOS: Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support. If it's not already updated they're going to have you that too.

Brightness Resets to Dim Every time I Close My MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.