You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I control the notifications volume on AirPods Pro

How can I control the volume of the notifications sound? When I have my Airpods Pro in my hears, the sound of notifications is always "off the roof" high and it basically means my ears suffer a lot anytime I receive a notification if I am listening to anything on the Airpods.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 6:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 10:28 AM

Hello, thank you for your reply. The problem I have with that is that it does not differentiate between having the headphones on or not, meaning that if I lower when I am using the headphones, then it gets too low if I am not wearing the headphones and have the phone far away. As in many other apps in which the iOS uses separate volume levels for when you have your headphones connected and when you don't have them, I would expect that it could do the same for the notifications volume, but I don't seem to be able to do it, thus, I either have low volume when I am not with the headphones, or I have a deafening volume when I am with the headphones! :/

Anyways, thank you again for your suggestion.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2020 10:28 AM in response to MrBill3

Hello, thank you for your reply. The problem I have with that is that it does not differentiate between having the headphones on or not, meaning that if I lower when I am using the headphones, then it gets too low if I am not wearing the headphones and have the phone far away. As in many other apps in which the iOS uses separate volume levels for when you have your headphones connected and when you don't have them, I would expect that it could do the same for the notifications volume, but I don't seem to be able to do it, thus, I either have low volume when I am not with the headphones, or I have a deafening volume when I am with the headphones! :/

Anyways, thank you again for your suggestion.

How do I control the notifications volume on AirPods Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.