You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No access to Keychain

I bought a used Mac air with Catalina, being a newbie to apple computers I somehow corrupted Keychain Access, the folder in the library is also missing, I have tried resetting but it does not work. What or how should I do to regain a new Keychain Access? Thanks much. 

FTR

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 27, 2020 2:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 8:50 AM

Hey there Globuff,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you are unable to locate Keychain Access, and it appears the folder is missing from your user Library.

It sounds like you'll need to reinstall macOS. I've shared the steps to do so below.

* Reinstall macOS

"When you need to reinstall macOS on your Mac, you can install it from Apple using the internet or you can install it from the recovery partition included on the hard drive or flash storage of every Mac. Both ways of reinstalling keep your files and user settings intact.

Important: You must be connected to the internet to reinstall macOS."

Have a good one!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2020 8:50 AM in response to Globuff

Hey there Globuff,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand you are unable to locate Keychain Access, and it appears the folder is missing from your user Library.

It sounds like you'll need to reinstall macOS. I've shared the steps to do so below.

* Reinstall macOS

"When you need to reinstall macOS on your Mac, you can install it from Apple using the internet or you can install it from the recovery partition included on the hard drive or flash storage of every Mac. Both ways of reinstalling keep your files and user settings intact.

Important: You must be connected to the internet to reinstall macOS."

Have a good one!

No access to Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.