You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I return a person to the People Album?

One person's Profile in the People Album had become hopelessly confused with another person. After having corrected many photos, I decided it would be best just to delete the Profile and start again. So, I removed the Profile from Photos.

However... I am unable to find a way to create the Profile again. The person is still identified in photos, however I am unable to add a Profile for them in the People Album.

I tried re-identifying some of the photos with a new name. A new Profile with the new name does appear but all the other previously identified photos retain the old name for which there is no longer a Profile.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 1:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 2:41 AM

Open one of the photos with the old name, where the face has been identified and view it enlarged. Then you can swipe down to the Details section with People and Places. There should be a thumbnail of the face.

Click this thumbnail to open the hidden People album for this hidden person. When this album opens, swipe down to the commands at the bottom. Click "Add to People Album" to add this person back to the People album. Now you can rename the faces in this album to the new name. I would collect them in a standard album for easy access. And before you assign the new name, use the command "This is not ..." to break the link to the old name.

This is described here in more detail: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250002046

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 28, 2020 2:41 AM in response to Mcfugu

Open one of the photos with the old name, where the face has been identified and view it enlarged. Then you can swipe down to the Details section with People and Places. There should be a thumbnail of the face.

Click this thumbnail to open the hidden People album for this hidden person. When this album opens, swipe down to the commands at the bottom. Click "Add to People Album" to add this person back to the People album. Now you can rename the faces in this album to the new name. I would collect them in a standard album for easy access. And before you assign the new name, use the command "This is not ..." to break the link to the old name.

This is described here in more detail: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250002046

How do I return a person to the People Album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.