You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't upgrade to Catalina - (am NEW to MacOS). How do I get to Terminal to run the command?

Supposed to run a command at the Terminal........where is the Terminal? How do I get there?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 4:24 AM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2020 6:59 AM in response to Barney-15E

Hi Barney-15E, my Mac was saying there was no update avail., yet System Prefs was saying there was 1 update. (Also when I went to App Store, it said there was no update for my Mac.) When tried to update it stated there was no update and that my system was current. So I went on this Forum and someone stated they couldn't update to Catalina and they were told to run the following command in the Terminal (sudo software update --reset-ignored), then reopen Sys. Prefs>Software Update. And that's how my problem was solved. Thank you for responding, Barney! I appreciate your help.

Can't upgrade to Catalina - (am NEW to MacOS). How do I get to Terminal to run the command?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.