You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How te remove history defintely from iPad?

What I do to remove history on my iPad:

1) I go on iPad to" Settings" >"Safari" > "Clear history" and then to "Website data"> "Clear".

This should remove all history, but ...

2) However when thereafter, still being on "Settings" >"Safari", I then select "Advanced" and click on "Website Data", I still get "Website Data" of sites visited before.

By clicking on "Show all Sites" this listing extends even further!

At the bottom of this page I can then check again "Remove All Website Data", but even then, there is no removal at all.

Because when I then again apply step 2 (hereabove) all Websites visited before show up again!,

Conclusion:

Although I followed carefully the instructions for definetely removing the complete History on my iPad, I can still find this history, that should no longer be there, listed when I apply the steps in point 2 here above.

Question

In what way can I make sure that this history is removed definitely?

Thanks for help!

Harry

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 10:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2020 12:15 PM

Hello,

Restoring iPad to factory settings would insure that Safari’s history is removed.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

1 reply

How te remove history defintely from iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.