You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the Facetime app for the computer. I go to the Apples store and see 3 choices but neither look like the icon that I use for my iPhone.

How do I obtain a Facetime app for my Apple computer?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 2:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 2:06 PM

Sorry, must have had a "senior moment" there and confused FaceTime with Screen Time.

FaceTime is an app, but it only comes with macOS installation. It is not available as a separate download from Mac App Store.

If it's not visible in the Dock, look for it in the Applications folder. You can also perform a Spotlight/Siri search for it by name.

Some countries do not allow it and it can be restricted by the computer Administrator.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2020 2:06 PM in response to wgwoodmd

Sorry, must have had a "senior moment" there and confused FaceTime with Screen Time.

FaceTime is an app, but it only comes with macOS installation. It is not available as a separate download from Mac App Store.

If it's not visible in the Dock, look for it in the Applications folder. You can also perform a Spotlight/Siri search for it by name.

Some countries do not allow it and it can be restricted by the computer Administrator.

Mar 30, 2020 2:19 PM in response to Rysz

Your latter suggestion was what I needed. I found it in applications and it is now on the dock so I can call it up when I need it. It did bring up one other issue when I called using FaceTime and that is how to get the camera to go to full screen instead of a narrow view. Is that predetermined or can it be changed to a wider view in the camera?

How do I get the Facetime app for the computer. I go to the Apples store and see 3 choices but neither look like the icon that I use for my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.