You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot download new MacOS or iMovie

when I try to download iMovie, I get this message: iMovie can’t be installed on “Macintosh HD” because macOS version 10.14.6 or later is required.

when I then try to download v 10.14.6, I get the following message: This version of macOS 10.14.6 cannot be installed on this computer.

I'm currently trying to work on a Mac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) with High Sierra 10.13.6

This Mac is without a pre-exisiting iMovie installed....

What do I do? Do I have any options?

Please help, I've been trying to install new versions all day. Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Mar 29, 2020 3:44 PM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2020 4:44 PM in response to dialabrain

You know what's odd, when you are on a machine that it supports, it will say "works with this MacBook Pro" instead of macOS 10.14.6. What's even odder, it says:

which would suggest it works with 2011 Macs. None of the 2011 Macs support 10.14.6.

So this footnote does lend itself to confusion for those reading from a newer Mac.

If you tap "works with this MacBook Pro", then you see the 10.14.6 requirement.

cannot download new MacOS or iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.